Monday, 26 September 2016

Boko Haram ambushes Nigerian army, K*lls 8 [READ MORE]

Updated 26 September, 2016
– Nigerian army said that Boko Haram insurgents killed eight soldiers, while 20 militants also died 

– The attacks came as Abubakar Shekau threatens President Buhari in a new video The deadly Boko Haram sect in two different attacks has killed at least eight Nigerian soldiers in Borno state. 

An army statement said that the militant sect attacked a convoy late on September 25, near Bama, 70 km southeast of Maiduguri, the state’s capital causing the deaths of an army officer, three soldiers, and three attackers.

The gunmen had also earlier attacked a military post at Logomani, 110 km northeast of Maiduguri city, killing four soldiers, the statement added. The Nigerian military also said that at least 22 insurgents died in the firefight. The onslaughts brought the official death toll of troops killed in the past week to 10 with 24 others injured. 

Meanwhile, Boko Haram claimed more than 40 soldiers from a multinational force were killed in just one attack last week. The leader of the one of the factions of the Boko Haram Abubakar Shekau has on September 24 appeared in a video dismissing military reports that he was fatally wounded last month. 

Shekau also insisted he remained in charge despite the fact that ISIL chose a new leader of Boko Haram, which is also known as Islamic State West Africa Province, Al-Barnawi.

The Boko Haram leader in the recording taunted parents of the more than 200 Chibok schoolgirls abducted in 2014, saying they will see their daughters only if the government swaps them for detained leaders of the group. “To the people of Chibok: You have not seen the worst yet,” Shekau said, ending with laughter. However, the army lists Muhammadu Buhari’s policies that led to a victory against the Boko Haram. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment